EncryptoTel weekly digest(03.03.19)
Telemarketing fraudster bots, 5G smartphones and Huawei’s tough response to US accusations.
The number of telephone spam is growing in the USA
Number of robotic calls in the United States continues to grow, despite all attempts by the American authorities to stop telephone spam. According to estimates from Hiya, which develops services to combat unwanted telemarketing, in 2018, Americans received a 46% more robocalls than in 2017. On average, Americans received 10 spam calls per month in 2018.
The problem is recognized in the Federal Communications Commission. According to FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, the number of telephone spam using interactive robots is increasing every year and remains the most popular complaint from the Americans. The problem has not been solved for several years, although in the United States there is a national program for blocking unwanted autocalls with the inclusion of the numbers in the special “black list” — the Do Not Call registry.
In 2018 alone, the FCC issued robo subscribers with fines totaling $ 200 million for misleading or providing inaccurate information to deceive consumers.
The FCC Chairman proposed to oblige telecom operators to apply call authentication, which would act as a digital fingerprint for each phone call, without fail.
CNBC presented the top 5 best 5G smartphones
The infrastructure for 5G mobile communications is just beginning to take shape, and smartphone makers are already launching gadgets supporting 5G on the market. The American television channel CNBC has prepared the rating of the most revolutionary smartphones with 5G support.
1. Huawei Mate X: a smartphone with a 6.6-inch screen when folded or an 8-inch screen unfolded. This gadget goes on sale in mid-2019, and is equipped with the manufacturer’s own development — the Balong 5000 chipset. Cost — from $ 2600.
2. Samsung Galaxy S10 5G: a smartphone with a 6.7-inch display that supports HDR10 +, dynamic tone display and 800 nits brightness. The gadget, which will go on sale in Q2 2019, is equipped with the newest 7-nm Exynos 9820 processor (Snapdragon 855 in the US) and a cryptocurrency wallet. Price: not disclosed.
3. Xiaomi Mi MIX 3: this smartphone will run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor and will go on sale in May.
4. LG V50 ThinQ: a smartphone with a 6.4-inch OLED-display, and a three rear camera system. The price and release date are not disclosed.
5. ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G: the smartphone is also equipped with three cameras and runs on a Qualcomm 855 processor. The Axon 10 Pro model was introduced in Barcelona at mobile conference following similar releases from competitors. The gadget will go on sale in the European and Chinese markets in the first half of 2019. Price not disclosed.
Huawei CEO: US fights competitors to become monopolists in the 5G market
Huawei CEO Guo Ping said that the actions of the United States against his company are only due to the desire to suppress the growing technological rival.
“If the US can keep Huawei from 5G networks around the world, portraying the company as a security threat, they can still spy on everyone. In addition, America wins directly if it succeeds in crushing a company that interferes with its digital dominance, ” wrote Guo Ping in a statement published in the Financial Times.
On February 26, at the World Mobile Congress in Barcelona (MWC), the American delegation led by the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission Ajit Pai reiterated its call not to allow Huawei to create an international infrastructure for 5G networks. According to the US authorities, Huawei technology will allow the Chinese manufacturer to spy on users.
Russia restricts foreign satellite operators
The Russian government has prepared a decree obliging foreign satellite network operators to pass all traffic through the ground station. According to the document, any satellite communications operator will now be forced to build a ground station in Russia, as well as to obtain a permission to operate from the special services and security agencies — the FSB, the FSO and the Ministry of Defense. This means that satellite operators will not be able to transmit data directly to customers without passing the ground station first. Experts estimate the construction of one such station at several million dollars.
Earlier, the Russian Ministry of Communications stated that foreign satellite communications systems threaten national security. Critics of the Kremlin regime say that the new requirement will allow the Russian state authorities to intercept any incoming traffic.
The new rules should take effect in six months.
EncryptoTel improves their interface and continues the series of overview materials.
Last week, the developers of EncryptoTel optimized the web versions interface design, and also fixed a number of minor bugs related to the work of the Call Queues, Address Book, Ring Group services and others.
In the next instruction on the capabilities of EncryptoTel, we will demonstrate in detail the operation scheme of internal number, describe how to make free calls, and also explain how to connect and configure the parameters of several extension numbers attached to one internal number.