Marketing and Communications Specialist
Summary of Business Need
Energize Ventures invests in early stage technology businesses that make clean energy more affordable, reliable and secure. Based in Chicago, we are aiming to become one of the top performing energy venture capital firms. We are a small and tight knit team.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist reports to the Director of Market Development and will support all content creation, marketing, public relations, event planning and brand building for the fund.
The MarComm Specialist will support firm wide strategic communications and marketing efforts for Energize Ventures. This will entail working with the Energize team as well as key external stakeholders including investors, portfolio companies, media and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, organized, detail-oriented, flexible, a problem solver, and possess excellent communication skills. Extensive communications experience in written, verbal, public relations, marketing and brand building is required. The MarComm Specialist will help develop the organization’s content strategy, own and update the firm’s social media channels, and play a pivotal role in building the Energize Ventures brand.
Additionally, the MarComm Specialist will manage the logistics and planning for events hosted by the fund that will include an annual investor summit, demonstration days for portfolio companies, and participation in trade events.
· Support communications efforts across all channels including internal and external
· Support content strategy development and execution, including planning, creating, and managing the publishing of content
· Oversee the planning and execution of major events
· Build relationships with reporters and media outlets that cover topics related to venture, technology, clean energy, and start ups
· Support the annual and quarterly reporting process
· Lead relationships with external support partners such as graphic designers, printers, and consultants
· Manage Energize Ventures’ digital platforms (website, newsletter, Twitter, Medium, LinkedIn)
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant marketing, communications, and/or public relations experience
· Strong time management skills with ability to multi-task across projects
· Creativity, storytelling skills, and an “eye” for aesthetic design and visual presentation
· Strong executive function, including the ability to plan, take initiative, and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copy writing and editing
· Strong project management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Comfort with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to be self-starting and entrepreneurial
Energize Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send resumes and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.