Easter: WHY Jesus?
WHEN WE UNDERSTAND WHY THE RESURRECTION IS IMPORTANT…
IT BECOMES RELEVANT TO US.
…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…
Romans 3:23 (NIV)
IT MOVES US TO ACTION AND LIFE CHANGE.
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned…
John 3:17–18 (NIV)
IT IS PERSONAL.
Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.
Revelation 3:20 (NLT)
WHO DO YOU IDENTIFY WITH?
- One of the 12 closest followers of Jesus, a thief, criticized Jesus, betrayed Jesus
- One of the 12 closest followers of Jesus, hot tempered, criticized Jesus, denied and abandoned Jesus
- One of the 12 closest followers of Jesus, questioned and doubted Jesus
HOW WILL YOU LET JESUS CHANGE YOUR LIFE?
Judas got so caught up in his shame, guilt, greed, and sin that he pulled himself away from Jesus’ forgiveness and love, didn’t see the hope that Jesus’ resurrection would bring and ultimately took his own life without it (see Mark 14:10 HERE).
Peter was restored from his unbelief and God used him to build His church and do other amazing things (see John 21:15–17 HERE).
Thomas wanted God to prove Himself so he could believe (see John 20:25–29 HERE).
WE WANT GOD TO PROVE HIMSELF SO WE CAN BELIEVE HIM. GOD WANTS US TO BELIEVE HIM SO HE CAN PROVE HIMSELF.
- Maybe you want to be restored.
- Maybe you want to experience, believe, and trust…you have a pulse, so you’re not Judas! You have a chance to do it!
- Maybe you can’t believe just yet…will you give us another chance to tell you about Jesus?
Originally published at engagechurchduluth.com.