A New Era for Minecraft Servers: Enjin Coin
By Evan Lindsay
Minecraft is by far one of the most popular games in recent history, with 55 million monthly players at the time of writing. Over 100,000 servers, as reported by mcstats.org, exist across the globe ranging from small communities to enormous minigame networks where millions of players frequent daily. We can very clearly see that these ever-evolving servers are a primary influencer on the games continued popularity. So, the big question is, how will these servers evolve and create new gameplay opportunities, ushering in a new era for Minecraft? My answer to you is Enjin Coin!
What is Enjin Coin?
It is a new cryptocurrency (ERC-20 Token) and smart contract platform that gives game developers, content creators and gaming communities the required crypto-backed value and tools for implementing and managing virtual goods. Enjin will develop a powerful framework of open-source software development kits (SDKs), wallets, game plugins, virtual item management apps and a payment gateway platform.
Enjin Coin’s purpose is to provide gamers and content creators a new model of virtual ownership with a decentralized platform to manage, distribute, and trade virtual goods. Online gamers will be able to bring or trade their assets from game to game, community to community, growing their digital wallet with real value as they play. SDKs for multiple languages, wallets, and payment platforms will be available and completely open-source to make this all possible.
Enjin Coin is also a viable solution to fraud and high payment processing fees. For every legitimate item purchase, 7.5 items are lost to fraud. Assets stored and managed online can be open to manipulation or chargebacks. Merchants must deal with extra burdens, and scammers damage the game’s reputation. Enjin Coin minted tokens will create trust and security with minimal transaction fees, solving the problems game producers and content creators are faced with today.
Benefits for Minecraft Server Communities and Players
Servers and communities will greatly benefit from utilizing Enjin Coin with a variety of features:
- Gamify your website and mobile community with Enjin Coin minted tokens
- Increase user participation and contribution on forums and walls
- Automate rewards and define a variety of condition based triggers
- Tie-in your community rewards with in-game goods on servers
- Create new tokens to represent virtual currencies, game items, or privileges
- Create and manage virtual goods programmatically or via an app
- Create time limited or subscription based virtual goods
- Mint non-fungible items or special edition items
- Setup a virtual goods store
- Run a decentralized payment gateway with no middle-man
- Transparent transactions. Setup reports and commission systems
- No fraud, chargebacks, or cancellations. Ever!
- Minimal fees for blockchain transactions and no pesky commission fees
- Smart wallets that facilitate easy automatic payments from users
- Easily setup a site and mobile community with full virtual goods integration
Your players will also benefit from Enjin Coin in many ways:
- Buy and sell items with no risk of fraud
- Trade between gaming items from different games using Bancor for liquidity
- Take your currency with you across any community or game and retain value
- Own valuable currency and rare items that can never be taken away
- Use Enjin’s marketplace and social network to find and trade game items
- Earn minted tokens by playing games
- Convert minted virtual goods directly back to Enjin Coins and retain value
- Earn coins by participating in communities and posting on forums
- Buy in-game items on thousands of game servers and games that support Enjin Coin
- Prove ownership of items by showing them off in website widgets
Incentivize Players to Stay and Play
One of the most successful ways to convince players to stick around and play on a server is to offer them incentives and reward them for participating in the community and accomplishing tasks in-game. With Enjin Coin minted tokens you will be able to reward your players with real value that they can take anywhere.
Web, Mobile App, and API-based user interfaces to the Mint smart contract will be developed to make asset creation and management an effortless process.
Once created, a Mint smart contract will be cloned and registered in the singleton Registry smart contract, which will allow custom assets to be recognized by all Smart Wallets. The custom asset may now be minted by anyone in the Access List by sending Enjin Coins to the new Mint smart contract. The Name, Icon and Access List properties may be updated at any time by the Mint contract owner.
With the Enjin Coin minted tokens you will have a variety of means at your disposal to reward your players and entice them to play on your server. Here are just a few examples:
- Time-based events such as actively playing on a server for a period
- Voting for a server on server list websites
- Completing quests, jobs, or achievements in-game
- Engaging in community forum discussion and events
Rewards alone aren’t the only way to incentivize players to stick around however. The fact that these minted tokens represent decentralized value this alone will be a huge boon for a server’s store and products. Here are some ways a server store can take advantage of Enjin Coin:
- Server and/or community rank tokens
- Consumable tokens such as boosters, potions, crates, etc.
- Non-fungible special weapons, armor, and items
- Cosmetics effects, equipment, and features
- In-game currency
And the list goes on. The possible uses for Enjin Coin are limitless! Implementing custom tokens into your server may just be the extra edge you need to beat the competition.
The E and C in Economy Stands for Enjin Coin!
Almost every Minecraft server has its own economy. They come in an array of forms, ranging from simple in-game economies where players earn money by killing mobs to more complex economies where players can spend fiat currency to acquire cosmetic or non-cosmetic currencies. These economies are centralized and do not place value in their players beyond their own server or network. Even if many servers were to collaborate and integrate a shared economy, no value would exist because the economies are still centralized.
With Enjin Coin servers will be able to participate in a decentralized economy while still retaining the ability to define their own custom items backed by Enjin Coin. When players acquire these minted tokens, they are acquiring an asset that has real value, thus they themselves are attributed value by the servers they are purchasing these tokens from. This alone makes a server powered by an Enjin Coin driven economy even more appealing.
DonationCraft and future plugins of the Enjin Plugin Suite will give you wide spectrum of APIs, tools, and configuration options to offer your players a fantastic experience with Enjin Coin!
Learn more about Enjin Coin on our official website: https://enjincoin.io/
Crowdsale starts on Oct 3rd, 12PM UTC