Anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie.
This smoothie is full of goodies. I used a few spices like cardamon, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, turmeric which are sources of nutrients, medicine and culinary pleasure for the mind and brain. I wanted to bring a special attention to the turmeric which is protective for the brain and may serve as a preventive for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. It supports liver, gallbladder, reduces headache pain, and stimulates bile flow. Turmeric and it’s anti-inflammatory chemical compound “curcumin” require black pepper to be well absorbed by the body. If you are cooking with turmeric or taking it as a supplement, black pepper should be one of the ingredients to accomplish absorption. The recipe I want to share with you contains turmeric which makes perfect healthy anti-inflammatory drink for any time of the day.
- 1–2 cups unsweetened rice milk (or hemp, almond, coconut)
- 1 banana
- handful of frozen blueberries
- half avocado
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil
- 1/2 organic turmeric powder
- 5 drops of organic essential oil bourbon vanilla (I use pure extract from brand Doctor Valnet)
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- dash of cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg, cardamon
Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall cup, sprinkle with coconut flakes or your favourite spices and, enjoy!
If you want to find out more how to support your health with real food nutrition visit my web and book an appointment.
Follow me on Instagram to explore other ideas how you can support your best health ever.