10 Posts! Wow!
I had wanted to start a blog for a long time, but I finally mustered the effort to make it happen in August. Since then, I’ve compiled ten posts! I hope you have found them as entertaining to read as I found them interesting to write. Awkward sentences aside, ten posts feels like a milestone — so let’s recap!
I’ve been thinking about starting a personal/professional blog for a little while now, but I’ve never gotten around to…medium.com
- This one’s the only real cop-out on this list. I included it on this list because otherwise I would have to write another blog post before writing this one! I haven’t read this post since I first published it — perhaps when I get to 25 posts, we’ll compare it with whatever the blog has become.
I love stories, dear readers. There’s something about the power of a story to convey information that a technical…medium.com
2. My first real attempt at an article. Rambling and somewhat affected writing, but I feel like there may be a grain of truth in there somewhere. I intend to return to this post later on — especially now that I’m writing more articles about Scrum— so I’m afraid you haven’t quite seen the last of this topic. Stay tuned.
I have a fairly unreliable memory for discrete facts, dear readers. Things like names and dates tend to slip my mind…medium.com
3. I’m really happy with this post — and was particularly happy hearing about it when a friend (N.B.!) brought it up in conversation at a pub last week. I’d like to write more about video games — especially if you’d like to read more about them! Another article in the brobdingnagian pile of internet video game articles, but this one is mine.
A few years back, noted astrophysicist and science populariser Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson delivered a gripping National…medium.com
4. Space and Sun Tzu. What could be bad? This was particularly fun to write. I hope you liked it too. I have to write more about space exploration — and there’s so much to write about lately! I’ll stop myself before I start foaming at the mouth over how compelling I find the prospect of an interplanetary civilization emerging in our days…
As many of you know, I work part-time for a startup called tryb, which is presently housed at a startup incubator…medium.com
5. There’s a special place in my heart for old software, and I’m so glad to see that this sentiment is shared by the people who built one of the most popular and effective communication platforms in recent memory. Special thanks, once again, to J.A. for pointing out that the similarity was intentional, and not merely incidental.
One of the nice things about the scientific method — possibly the best thing — is that it’s designed to be a self…medium.com
6. A cute little post, written mostly out of guilt for not having written a post in a while! (I still like “Cosmic Gall”, modern physics be damned!)
I gave a brief presentation this evening to a group of Concordia University undergraduate engineering students in Kamal…medium.com
7. Another fun post to write, based off a presentation I gave to a class of undergraduate engineering students about how we communicate. Skepticism is an important tool for anybody to understand and apply — perhaps never more than in recent years.
I can think of approximately eight billion reasons why evidence-based policymaking and science communication go hand-in…medium.com
8. This was a post written about then-current events — an issue which was present in municipal discourse for a few weeks. The story has now dissipated throughout the media stream, and has been completely transformed from a seemingly-contentious issue to a completely benign perturbation in the natural course of the news cycle — not unlike the literal dissipation and transformation of Montreal’s municipal wastewater in the Saint Lawrence. This was my first writing for this blog that really came from a place of passion and immediacy, and I hope to write like that again soon. Perhaps posts like these are the reason I started a blog in the first place…
Good news, everyone! The District 3 Innovation Center will be publishing a series of blog posts I’ve written about…medium.com
9. A professional post! Finally!
Hello again! District 3 published another blog post I wrote about Scrum. This one’s a little more technical, and…medium.com
10. More professionalism! Wild!
So, that’s it — ten posts from yours truly. I’m more-or-less pleased with all of them (Except that one on the power of stories. Perhaps a little ambitious for a first attempt. Ah well.) I’d like to close by thanking you all, dear readers, for your readership and continued commentary. The best, I hope, is yet to come.