8 Reasons Why the National Park Service Should Lead the Revolution.
In response to recent actions by the Trump administration regarding climate change, several National Park Service Twitter accounts became the leaders of the revolution. Although none of the official NPS social media accounts sought to defy the current administration, several rogue accounts such as @AltNatParkSer and @BadHombreNPS have continued to #resist. This list is a few reasons why the National Park Service are the leaders this revolution needs.
“National parks are the best idea we ever had. Absolutely American, absolutely democratic, they reflect us at our best rather than our worst.”
1. The NPS works hard every day to provide a welcoming experience for *all* to come enjoy the beautiful lands of this country.
2. While creating access to these incredible places, they also must work hard to protect and defend those that are endangered by their environment.
3. The NPS believes that everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy their National Parks.
4. They strive throughout the year to make sure that everyone that wants to enter the parks, can.
5. They made a dog a “Bark” Ranger.
6. The NPS does research and incorporates that research into policy changes to better protect the environment.
7. Yes there are Rangers there that enforce the rules, but they also answer questions, teach classes, perform maintenance, lead tours, fight fire, rescue people, and overall look to make the public’s experience at National Parks the best that it can be.
8. The NPS wears so many hats and makes one of the most important and enjoyable federal agencies in this country. America’s Best Idea.
The latest Tweets from NationalParkService (@NatlParkService). America's Best Idea. #FindYourPark #NPS100 RT/follow…twitter.com
“Because no matter who you are, no matter where you live, our parks, our monuments, our lands, our waters — these places are your birthright as Americans”
-Former President of the United States, Barack Obama
Also, if you’re not a fan of the rules and crowds of National Parks, there is always a National Forest nearby that has fewer restrictions and people. Or, you can always go to Canada. They have Banff National Park.