Nice list, good to see pain points from other developers, if it’s a constructive criticism. That’s how the language can improve.
As a note:
All the enhancements/ideas can be added to F# evolution list.
The process is described in https://github.com/fsharp/FSharpLangDesign
To start, add an uservoice https://fslang.uservoice.com/forums/245727-f-language so after discussion can be implemented as RFC.
About tooling etc, see http://fsharp.org/guides/engineering/issues
- some points are good for usabilty/new users (2-missing-break-continue-in-loops, 3-missing-do-while, 4-ability-to-say-per-project-tuple-are-struct) and can be implemented maybe
- some are just ml syntax vs c syntax ( assignment, `<>`, etc) and legacy
- about file order, i see it as a feature, but i understand it’s useless for example in really small projects (help a lot in medium/big projects). Maybe tooling can help. Also tree view ihmo sucks for sources.
- the syntax for classes (constructor, etc) is really hard to remember for me too. Maybe improve the error messages, snippets, tutorials, dunno.
- `collection.[index]` vs `collection[index]` maybe yes, is another improvement (help newbie), but is not a big deal