IMPORTANT FAQS REGARDING THE JEE MAIN 2017 APPLICATION FORM AND THE ANSWERS TO IT
The candidate must have qualified successfully in the JEE mains examination. JEE mains is the first step and then based on the marks of JEE Mains, JEE advance is conducted. Top 2 lakhs merit holder in the JEE Main examination of the previous year are taken into consideration for the JEE Advance exam of this year.
- The candidates must have attained the specific prescribed age without which they cannot apply for the examination. A relaxation of 5 years will be given to the students belonging to the ST/SC/ OBC category.
- The applicant must have qualified successfully in the higher secondary examination i.e. the HSC examination for the first time with all the subjects in the year 2016 or 2017. However, the students waiting for the improved qualification, must have at least appeared the examination in the year 2017.
- The candidate who has accepted a seat in ITT and ISM but has not got admission into the college will not be eligible to apply.
- The candidates whose admission in the college has been cancelled too will be rejected for applying for JEE Main 2017.
- If the candidate has accepted the fee in the college and paid the acceptance fee therefor but has not joined the college at the reporting date will be held eligible to apply.
- What will be the mode of JEE 2017 exam paper?
Paper 1 will be conducted on online as well as offline mode, however, paper 2 will be conducted only offline.
- How can be the payment of the application fee be done?
The candidates can fill the application fee through the following medium:
- Online banking/
- Debit Card/ Credit Card
- Cash, by using an E-Challan of Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank, HDFC Bank or ICICI Bank only.
- In how many languages the question paper will be available?
- There will be Hindi and English medium of appearing the examination. But the Hindi paper will be partially Hindi and partially English.
- How can be the application and registration of JEE be done?
- The registration and application process of JEE is conducted only in the offline mode. There is no option of offline application available.
- Are there any corrections allowed in the application form that has been already submitted?
- Yes a different session will be held after the receipt of all the application. The candidates who wish to do any corrections in their form can do the same at the given time.
- Does the exam conducting authority allow to change the mode of the examination?
- Yes, But the mode can be changed only for the first paper and it can be changed only from offline to online and not vice versa.
- How many attempts of JEE can a candidate give?
- A single candidate can give at the most 3 attempts. After that his application will not be accepted by the authority.
- While making the payment online, what is to be done if the transaction stops or fails in between?
- If the amount of application fee is reduced from the bank account then the payment and application is successful. Otherwise repeat the process once again. The candidates in such a case can also call the concerned authority and confirm whether his application is received or not.