Value of LinkedIn Groups
And how to improve the User Experience.
I’m using LinkedIn for almost a year and I’m newbie in groups. I post there occasionally. But I like to read other posts. I can acquire plenty of knowledge with it.
I find LinkedIn Groups so valuable due to some reasons.
- You can post and receive relevant info from group members. No matter either you’re in connection with them or not.
- Have intelligent discussions with great minds and possibly connect with them.
- Build your presence and credibility among industry peers and people having same interests.
But, Not without challenges
- Group email digest are too burdensome. If you’re a member of 10+ groups.
- Most groups have few active or new discussions. Which means old posts are repeated for several days in group digest emails.
- A lot of discussions are actually marketing promotions or jobs. So lots of popular groups have spam issues.
So what value/challenges do you see in LinkedIn groups? How do you solve these challenges today?
Originally posted by Jasmeet Singh.