Equity PAC Summer Internship
10–20 hours per week
The Equity PAC Internship is responsible for support of day-to-day administrative functions, events, communications and action work. The intern reports to the Executive Team and has primary responsibilities for supporting lead organizers in membership recruitment, event set up and grassroots work.
Include but are not limited to:
· Monitor Equity PAC email account
· Support Equity PAC social media
· Write content for Equity PAC communications
· Attend public meetings and communicate notes to Executive Team
· Lead and organize door-to-door work
· Work with communications firm on material production
· Set up and establish events
· Develop process for day-to-day activities
· Attend recruitment events
· Interest and education in politics, organizing and policy
· Organized and detailed oriented, able to own and see tasks through
· Understands how equity is impacted by policy and systems
· Experience with public speaking
· Desire to make change
· Has reliable and readily available transportation
· Has flexible hours available some weekends and evenings
**we encourage women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals to apply**
About Equity PAC
We’re a political action committee formed in 2016 to influence candidates and ballot initiatives toward more equitable outcomes. Equity PAC believes in just and fair inclusion for all people. We are working towards achieving an equitable society where all people regardless of race, color, creed, ability, income, age, religion, gender or sexual identity are able to equitably participate and succeed.
Our mission is to continually increase the number of equity-minded officials, policies and practices in Michigan. We also believe in inclusive growth, whereby the systems, structures, businesses, organizations, boards and government across the community reflect the whole community. We seek to actively elevate marginalized voices and ensure access to opportunity for all of PAC members.
We are working to reach equity in critical systems including Economy & Jobs, Education, Health, Civil Rights, Criminal Justice, Community and Government Infrastructure and Environmental Justice. This list is not inclusive and will grow and be directed by PAC membership.
In less than a year, Equity PAC has grown to nearly 200 members and raised nearly $20,000. In the 2016 election we endorsed 8 local candidates for office — four of whom won — and our members provided hundreds of volunteer hours in support of these candidates.
Please submit your resume and letter indicating interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15. Generally, start of internship would be spring and end would be end of summer. However, start and end times of internship would be negotiable. There will be a stipend available.