Future and plans
I’ve been a professional software/web developer for nine years, and up until eleven months ago I only ever worked as a traditional full-time employee. I’ve worked for big companies as well small ones . Outside of a little freelance work here and there I’d never considered doing contracting full-time, but thought I’d give it a shot.
I am happy to change my mindset about working for my own, and i can list several points:
- The pay has been good (but you need to be a good money manager, to pay your bills, always consider the fact to save some money for the future)
- Flexibility: you can make your own time, focus with you family and healthy, no traffic, no crowded places.
- Less Stress: you only work with what you believe, code quality, implement unit tests, prove yourself you can be an organized person
- Opportunity to work with people around the world, meet different cultures, and places. That's a great change to improve your second language even learn a new one!
- Share experiences, that's the point i really like about been a freelances contractor, you learn and share knowledge with everyone. As a community leader here in Brazil, i love share my experiences with everyone it makes me happy to tell my stories about web development
Recently i received an email from Ramiro and he suggested me to know more about Toptal , and i found the place i was searching. I am writing this because i want to be part of the the top 3% of web developers freelance market.
I hope the whole process works good, to start 2016 with a right foot!
Wish me luck ;)