Data Analysis with Python: Adventures 1
Monday October 10, 2016 5:28 PM
Another essential tool in the world of data science in Python. I originally started with sci-kit learn and “machine learning” course on Udacity, but it had a lot of code with matplotlib for visualization which I didn’t understand. So I will be starting with Matplotlib :).
This guy is awesome for anything Python related. I loved his series on machine learning. He doesn’t write much code but it gets to the point is which I like, you are not overwhelmed with a massive chuck of code.
My plans after finishing this series is to go back to the Udacity course, I listed a set of material that I am going to follow in-order to understand ML in python :) (on item 2 of 4).
- Machine Learning in python: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQVvvaa0QuDfKTOs3Keq_kaG2P55YRn5v
- Matplotlib: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQVvvaa0QuDfefDfXb9Yf0la1fPDKluPF
- Intro to Machine Learning: https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-machine-learning--ud120
- Supervised/Unsupervised Machine Learning: https://www.udacity.com/course/machine-learning-unsupervised-learning--ud741
Someone in “Data Hackers” facebook group suggested this… You probably won’t be reading my blog if you’re this smart haha….
- Introduction to Machine Learning (PhD. Level, 10–701): http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~epxing/Class/10701/
- Advanced Introduction to Machine Learning (V PhD. Level, 10–715): http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~bapoczos/Classes/ML10715_2015Fall/
- Intermediate Statistics (10–705): react-text: 628 http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~larry/=stat705/ /react-text
- Introduction to Statistical Machine Learning (10–702): http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~larry/=sml/
Intermediate Statistics is an especially key introduction to the theory.
And if you are interested in some special topics:
- Convex Optimization (10–725): http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~ryantibs/convexopt-F15/
- Information-theoretic Machine Learning (10–704): http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~aarti/Class/10704_Spring15/
- Topics In Deep Learning (New Course, 10–807): http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rsalakhu/10807_2016/
- Machine Learning with Large Datasets (10–605): http://curtis.ml.cmu.edu/w/courses/index.php/Machine_Learning_with_Large_Datasets_10-605_in_Spring_2015