Here Is What’s Wrong With Your Token Sale Marketing and How To Fix It
Lately my inbox has been flooded with requests to help with token sale marketing and PR. Some of the concepts are good. Some of them could be viable if tweaked. But over and over again, I encounter the same three issues:
- The value proposition is unclear or undifferentiated
- The token sale is at the “white paper and a dream” stage, with little tangible development
- The post-token sale business model isn’t feasible or well developed
For the most part, this comes down to thinking too much about the technology, and not enough about how to apply it. (This issue isn’t limited to blockchain projects. It’s something that startups struggle with in general.)
So, based on my experience, I’ve made an ever so slightly awkward ICO marketing screencast where I answer questions like:
- When should I start marketing for the token sale?
- What do I need to prepare before I start marketing?
- What should my marketing goals be?
- What can I outsource and what does my team need to handle?
- How do I make my token sale stand out?
But more importantly than any of that, I give you some of the important factors to consider from an outsider’s perspective. These are the things you need to do in order to make your token sale interesting to people beyond your team.
Fair warning: The video is nearly 30 minutes long and covers this topic in depth, so make sure you set aside enough time to watch it. I’ve saved all of the self-promotion for the last few minutes of the video, so you don’t have to sit through it if you’re not interested in working with G3 Partners.
If, on the other hand you are interested in working with my company, please watch the video and then drop me a note afterwards.