New Feature for Soundcloud
We began our research process by setting up a timeline of events. As soon as the timeline was established we made a topic map and decided what kind of questions we wanted to ask in our survey.
We made our survey and sent it out via slack, facebook and twitter. We received around 70 responses.
From there we each did our own version of a topic map based on the survey results and were able to come together with all of our results and develop appropriate questions to be asked during interviews. We each began interviewing those that had taken our survey that had agreed to be contacted. Between the 3 of us we conducted 9 interviews.
We took a look at Soundcloud and it’s competitors and started doing comparitive & competitive analysis. What were they doing and how was it being executed? We did a Heuristic Analysis for Spotify and Soundcloud.
From the information we had received so far we were able to establish who our 3 personas were. DJ(professional), Music Seeker, & Music Lover. We each chose a persona and were able to establish what that persona’s wants, needs, pains and pleasures were.
We reviewed all of the information that was collected from the previous stages.
We started sketching and began design studios to begin our design portion of the process.
We created site maps and user flows based on the wireframes we created.
Here are the wireframes that we created based on the user flows shown above.
Through user testing we found that the needs of the users and the business were met. Here is a recap of how those needs are met.
We developed a prototype with all of the wireframes we created. We tested it with users and iterated 3 times.
Click HERE to access our prototype.
This project was not easy by any means due to the amount of work it involving communicating with other people with very different ideas and situations influencing the project. I realized after the project had been completed that this was a true test of being able to work together. I have kept a log throughout the project of the things I have learned about myself and working in a group, observations of my group dynamic and what we could have done differently.
What we should have done differently:
- Done EVERYTHING on the board together first and then moved into breaking down the work.
- Set ground rules in the beginning.
- Read the timeline, the brief and the opportunity EVERYDAY to stay on track.
- Had a tap-out system for when discussions went into an unproductive merry-go round mode.
- Been more organized.