Hiring Chief Technology Officer/Lead Engineer for Motherly digital platform
Work in San Francisco/Palo Alto to empower Millennial women.
Chief Technology Officer/Lead Engineer
San Francisco/Palo Alto
Are you interested in redefining parenthood for Millennials working for a tech company in San Francisco/Palo Alto? Mother.ly is building out a nextgen parenting platform connecting Millennial mothers to expert-driven news, information, products and services curated to their evolving lives. We are looking for a smart, talented and passionate Chief Technology Officer/Lead Engineer to help us dominate the parenting landscape, leading Motherly’s engineering direction, strategy, vision and team.
The CTO/Lead Engineer will report directly to the co-founders, collaborate with key cross- functional teams (design, content, editorial, marketing etc.) and play a key leadership role in crafting strategy and execution, creating and managing new features and experiences on Motherly while managing and driving the growth of the engineering team. S/he will work closely with other engineers, designers and product managers to tackle the exciting technology challenges that come with establishing and scaling Motherly. S/he will play a key role in leading the engineering team and furthering the team’s use of data to drive decisions in a fast and creative way.
Specific responsibilities also include:
- Collaborating around the creation of new and existing products and features leveraging design-thinking processes.
- Building efficient and reusable code.
- Identifying and addressing system performance issues.
- Leading a growing team of engineers while also coding.
- Finding and implementing creative backend technology solutions for Motherly in an autonomous yet collaborative way.
The ideal candidate for Motherly’s CTO/Lead Engineer is a strong engineer excited about many different technologies. This person must be a natural initiative-taker who has a track record of success thriving in high growth, fast-pace environments. S/he should also have strong coding abilities, preferably in multiple languages and some engineering management experience.
The ideal candidate should also have some combination of experience/skills in:
- 3–4 years engineering experience.
- Working in a startup environment.
- Writing scalable backend code and scaling to millions of users.
- Designing and implementing site architecture and ideally some front-end experience.
- Making apps people love to use and working knowledge of Facebook API.
- Education: B.S., M.S., or Ph. D in Computer Science or equivalent.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.