- Include relevant/influential pictures, graphs, charts, videos, links, etc. Be sure to give credit to original sources.
Throughout this time I have been through many web sites trying to find different sources that can enrich my project.
I found this picture that made me see what is a canopy. Also by this I can make a picture of my own that looks a bit like this. This really helped me undertand the effect of biodiversity in the rainforest. The canopy is The leafy world above the ground and 100 ft up the ground. Also it provides a large amount of places to grow (for plants) and animals to live. Also food, places to hide and shelter and interaction.
Deforestation data can be highly contentious due to variances in how forest cover is measured, how deforestation is…rainforests.mongabay.com
In this website I was able to gather a lot of statistics that are going to help me in my animation. Some statistics are:
- 50% of the world’s plants and animals can be found in rainforests.
- Overall, tropical rainforests are thought to contain 50–90 per cent of all species.
- Rainforests once covered 14% of the earth’s land surface; now they cover 6% and experts estimate that the last remaining rainforests could be consumed in less than 40 years
- 1 and ½ acres of rainforest are lost every second for both developing and industrial countries.
- Experts estimates that we are losing 137 plant, animal and insect species every single day due to rainforest deforestation.
A Place Out of Time: Tropical Rainforests and the Perils They Face - information on tropical forests, deforestation…rainforests.mongabay.com
With this web site I learned the climate and that it is rainy, hot and humid. It is located in tropical areas where there is sunshine all year round. Therefore lot of sunshine = lots of energy. And the plants turn the sunlight into energy by the process of photosynthesis. The plants store the chemical energy. The large amount of energy provides a large amount of plants and animals species.
Light energy from the sun is converted to chemical energy by plants through the process of photosynthesis…tropicalrainforestscience10.weebly.com
With links I was able to learn about the transfer of the energy between the trophic levels. Firstly that light energy (by sun) is converted to chemical energy by the process of photosynthesis. Then it is stored by the plants. Every time it goes up of a trophic level only 10% of the energy goes up. Photosynthesis makes oxygen for all the organisims. The primary cosumers are cosumed by the secondary consumers, which are the herbivores. Then the secondary consumers get eaten by the tertiary consumers. Then when the tertiary consumers die they get decomposed by the decomposers.