Initial Exchange Offerings (IEOs) have completely won the hearts of blockchain startups and taken 2019 by storm. They are proving to be the best crowdfunding method, for blockchain projects, that have been invited so far.
IEOs are far much better than the ICOs, though the two share some similarities. IEOs are basically ICOs that are conducted through crypto exchanges. Therefore, the token sale is performed via a specially designed platform on a crypto exchange.
There are very many benefits associated with funding a blockchain project using. To start with, there are guaranteed investors; the exchange users are normally the first to buy your tokens. Secondly, the burden of conducting the token sale all by yourself is lifted.
Crowdfunding through IEOs also guarantees that you shall hit your target on time and in most cases way before the deadline.
However, for you to have a successful IEO, you have to choose the crypto exchange that you shall use wisely. There are currently a number of crypto exchanges that are capable of running IEOs and the number keeps on increasing since exchanges have realized it is a booming business.
What to look for in an exchange for launching IEO
1. Usability: it is advisable to go for a crowdfunding method that is not too cumbersome. Therefore, you should look for an exchange that makes it easy for even novice investors to invest. At the same time, the exchange should be able to do much of the marketing and token sale on its own.
2. Reputation: You can never overemphasis the need to invest in a credible and reputable crypto exchange. You have to remember that IEOs are lucrative business deals for exchanges since they are a source of income to them. Exchanges charge a fee for IEO listing. Therefore, you have to look for an exchange that focuses on the quality of the project behind the IEO rather than just making money from the IEO.
A reputable exchange will always ensure that the project behind the IEO is thoroughly vetted to ensure that it meets the standards if the project fails it could tarnish the name of the exchange.
One of the best ways of gauging the reputation is by looking at the history of the exchange to see if it has been involved in any malpractices. You could also look for an exchange that is experienced in IEOs.
3. Stability and security: before approaching an exchange for launching your IEO, ensure that you research about its history with cyber-attacks, malfunctions, and technical glitches. You don’t want to put the future of your blockchain project in the hands of an exchange that may fail any time.
4. Liquidity: You should keep in mind that tokens sold by exchanges via IEOs are most likely listed for trading by the same exchange after the IEO. Therefore, you should look for an exchange that has many users so as to ensure that the token will be traded by many traders when that time comes.
Top 10 IEO Launching Platforms
1. Binance Launchpad
This is known to be the pioneer in IEO listing. It was developed in 2017 and it has successfully launched a number of IEO including Fetch, Gifto, Celer, and Bittorent among others.
To apply for an IEO listing, you must first sign up with the Binance and then complete this application form.
Once you are through with applying for the IEO and verifying your Binance account, you should store a minimum of 500 BNB tokens in the account to be able to participate in the Binace Lottery Token Sale System.
The Binace Lottery Token Sale System is a new system which replaced the first-come, first-serve system. It was developed to resolve the issue of long queues for receiving tokens.
2. Latoken Launchpad
Latoken is a renowned crypto exchange and it launched its IEO Launchpad back in 2018. It has supported a number of IEO for various projects listed on their official webpage.
It has launched the most IEOs compare to the rest of the exchanges.
3. CoinBene MoonBase
The combine is a trusted crypto exchange that has been in the market for quite a long time. It launched its IEO Launchpad, the CoinBene MoonBase, in 2018 but held its first IEO in March 2019.
The exchange is known for its large community of users.
4. Probit Launchpad
Probit exchange is not very much known when it comes to crypto trading volume, but it has established itself as a leading IEO launching platform. Its IEO Launchpad has been used to launch a number of successful IEO for a number of projects like Porus, Payment Porte, UNIFICATION, Arena Match Gold, CURIO, WishChain, BITFEX, EMX, DIVO, CPU, and AXEL.Network.
5. Bittrex IEO
Bittrex is another long-established crypto exchange. It launched its IEO Launchpad in February 2019. It successfully supported the IEO for RAID project.
To apply for an IEO with Bittrex, you can follow the steps below:
· Click here.
· Choose “Request an Initial Exchange Offering for Your Token” from the dropdown menu.
· You shall be redirected to an application form that you should carefully fill.
6. KuCoin Spotlight
The KuCoin is one of the best-known crypto exchanges. It developed its IEO Launchpad, the KuCoin Spotlight, in April 2019. Its first IEO was MultiVAC. After that, it has launched a number of other IEO including Trias, Chromia and Coti.
To apply for IEO with KuCoin Spotlight you have to sign up with the exchange and create an account and then complete this application form.
The liquid crypto exchange launched its IEO launching platform in 2019 and is set to hold its first IEO for a project called Clarity with a single token going for 1 USD.
To apply for an IEO for your project with Liquid, you have to first sign up with the exchange for an account.
8. OKEx Jumpstart
OKEx is among the leading crypto exchanges and it announced its IEO Launchpad known as Jumpstart, in 2019.
To view the rules of engagement, you should click the ‘OK Jumpstart Token SaleRules’ Buton at the top or scroll down to the bottom of the page.
9. Exmarkets LaunchPad
This is an IEO Launchpad for the Exmarkets crypto exchange which started in 2018 but quickly grew in terms of market cap to be among the top 10 exchanges.
To apply for an IEO, you simply click on the ‘APPLY FOR IEO’ button at the top and then fill in the application form. Remember, you have to be signed in. Therefore, you will need to first register for an account with them.
10. BW Launchpad
BW is a crypto exchange that is deeply rooted in the Asian Markets and one of the upcoming IEO launching exchanges around the globe. It has successfully supported a number of IEOs including StoriChain, Zik, LifeCare Plus, FUTURE PIA among others.