How to deploy React-VR to Heroku in minutes
React VR allows you to create compelling VR experiences. Heroku is one of the easiest way to deploy your web app.
In this tutorial, I will walk you through pushing your React-VR website to Heroku.
Created with Aaron Stack Barnes
- Clone the repo
2. open http://localhost:8081/vr/ in your browser.
// this is to see initial build
Production Build and How to Deploy
npm run bundle
// this creates a new folder called build under the vr folder
- Create a new folder on desktop called production
- Copy index.html, static_assets, and all contents from the new build folder to your new desktop folder production
- Rename index.html to home.html
- Open home.html
- Change line 9 from:
6. Change line 15 from:
// this will trick heroku to thinking this is a PHP app
7. Return to terminal and run:
//and add the following:
"<?php header( 'Location: /home.html' ) ; ?>"
8. Return to terminal and run:
git add .
git commit -m “The future is now”
git push heroku master // assuming you have linked Heroku to this folder
If you are interested in how to customize the images, add video, and the links checkout my github with a detail instructions on the readme.