10 Inspiring Quotes for Entrepreneurs
The entrepreneurial path is not for the faint at heart, for heart and will are at the center of it all. We are lucky to be inspired every single day by the entrepreneurs we meet. And while words are certainly no substitute for action, in return, we thought it would be fun to share with you a small gesture of inspiration by pulling together some of our favorite quotes here at Evolution. Paring it down to just 10 was a challenge (and no, you are not seeing double, we do in fact have two from one of our favorites, Mr. Jim Collins, founder of the ‘Big Hairy Audacious Goal’), but here’s what we came up with, in no particular order.
1. “Great vision without great people is irrelevant.” — Jim Collins, Good to Great
2. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions, your passions choose you.” — Jeff Bezos
3. “If you could get all the people in an organization rowing in the same direction, you could dominate any industry, in any market, against any competition, at any time.” — Patrick Lencioni, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
4. “Great leaders find ways to connect with their people and help them fulfill their potential.” — Steven J. Stowell
5. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” — Henry Ford
6. “If there’s one thing that’s certain in business, it’s uncertainty.” — Stephen Covey
7. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” — Benjamin Franklin
8. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” — Napoleon Hill
9. “The difference between a successful person and others is not lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” — Vince Lombardi
10. “A culture of discipline is not a principle of business, it is a principle of greatness.” — Jim Collins, Good to Great
What words of wisdom inspire you? Share your favorite quote with us in the comments section below.
And for a daily dose of inspiration and encouragement, check out Eric Wagner’s Walk Through Fire. We were fortunate enough to speak with Mr. Wagner on our radio show, The Second Stage, impressed with his insights and experiences as a lifelong entrepreneur.