Eat. Live. Play. Leigh on sea.
Originally from London, I moved to Essex a little over 10 years ago. I found Essex quiet after coming from the bustling city. Over the years I have accidentally discovered little gems but never really ‘got’ Leigh on Sea. I know there’s life out there but I can’t quite get in on the act.
Ten years on, and now in a family with a small person to entertain, I’ve set myself a challenge: to discover Leigh on Sea.
I’m hoping to
- learn about the history of the area
- find great little child friendly places to grab a coffee
- learn where there’s entertainment for the little ones
- explore fun activity places to let kids (and big kids!) be kids
- connect with local businesses and help promote the shop local vibe.
- and it’d be lovely to locate a restaurant or two that agrees with your child that eating their dinner whilst sitting under the table and singing Justin Bieber – off key and loudly – is perfectly acceptable.
But most importantly, I’m really keen to get beneath the tourism version of Leigh on Sea and see where the locals go to socialise with friends and family. I remember knowing every neighbours name and every local shopkeeper when I was a little girl and I’d really like that for my family. The thought of a stroll down the Broadway, saying ‘Hi’ to people and buying locally produced goods or a grabbing a quick coffee in an independent coffee shop just seems the right way to live.
Now I’m going to have to get out of my comfort zone (read: sofa) and get out there. I’m happy to just start wandering rounds the roads as it is a very pretty place but please feel free to help a girl out and share your gems!
I look forward to going on this journey with you!
Eat. Live. Play. Leigh on Sea.
Famileighonsea is a personal community based activity and is available on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Please follow me to keep updated on my progress and feel free to contribute your recommendations and tips.
Twitter: @famileighonsea or #famileighonsea