7 favorite quotes* that resonated the most from the last year and little lessons learned.
(*not actually said in 2015)
- “The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want.” — Ben Stein
Get organized. Make a list of goals and frequently check it.
2. “The world is more malleable than you think and it's waiting for you to hammer it into shape” — Bono
Complex problems and opportunities aren’t as complex and unattainable as you think. Go after it or someone else will.
Think big. Seriously, BIG. When you imagine what the future could you like, you are doing something others aren’t. (ref Zero to One by Peter Thiel)
4. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat. Just get on.” — Sheryl Sandberg
Seize the big opportunities no matter how scary or unprepared you think you are.
5. “All the effort in the world won’t matter if you’re not inspired.” — Chuck Palahniuk
If you’re not excited about what you’re doing everyday, you should probably find something else to do. Your output will reflect your interest level.
6. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair
Put yourself in uncomfortable situations to grow. It’s the only way.
7. “I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.” — Sir Winston Churchill
Don’t worry about the things you can’t control. If you’re going through hell, keep going.