Fabby’s mind-blow list
( cc: Mairead O Donoghue )
I’m a mind blower? omg haha! I hope it’s the good kind of mind blowing!
Well, I can share a list of some people who have blown my mind, over and over again. Most of these people aren’t on Medium (and some are dead) but their stuff can be found on the web at large. This list is in some pseudo chronological order for me.
- Christopher Alexander (super recommend: The Battle for the Life and Beauty of the Earth: A Struggle Between Two World-Systems ; for people in tech, watch this)
- Charles Eisenstein (super recommend: The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible , links at the bottom of the page to read the book online for free right now, also The Ascent of Humanity)
- Peter Joseph (buckle up for 6 months of watching videos)
- Jacque Fresco (The Choice is Ours ; also his mentor Buckminster Fuller)
- David Graeber (Debt: The first 5,000 years — essential reading)
- Jiddu Krishnamurti (tons of videos on youtube)
- Umair Haque (awesome economist-mystic writer)
- Holly Wood (sociologist superhero, also on Twitter)
- Gregory Bateson (Genius, cyberneticist systems-thinking pioneer)
- Heather Marsh (broad writing all things society, super mind-blowing)
- Ian Welsh (society, etc. from a meditative perspective; awesome)
- Vinay Gupta (tons of stuff all over the web)
- Marcus Brancaglione (humanist libertarian, Basic Income activist)
- Scott Santens (de facto leader of Basic Income movement on the web)
- Karl Widerquist (Basic Income researcher, read this, watch this)
- Bruce Eckel (programming teacher, philosopher of tech, management)
- Zinnia Jones (all things trans, also on Twitter)
I’ve probably left some people out… but these are the ones I recall right now.