Notes against procrastination
From week 3 of Coursera’s Learning How to Learn.
- Cramming is not good for memory.
- Willpower is limited. Make it so you don’t have to waste it fending off procrastination.
- We procrastinate because of “microdiscomforts”.
- Focus on the process not the product:
- Get rid of cues (the things that launch procrastination). Eg. turn off phones.
- Rewire your brain to get through these discomforts.
- Reward yourself for success. This makes rewiring easier.
Once a week, write a todo list. Once a day, write what to do on the following day. You must commit to this routine.
- Be product oriented for the small stuff only.
- Have a quitting time for work.
- Eat your frogs first.