I dug out the first Uber Cab instructions emailed around…great flashback!
- Text your pickup address and city (example: 1177 California Street, San Francisco) to UBR-CAB (827–222).
2. Uber will respond with a text message asking you to confirm your location. Reply YES to confirm.
3. Uber will locate a car and text back with an estimated arrival time (normally 5–10 minutes).
4. Uber will send a text message when your driver has arrived.
5. Ride in Uber style.
6. No need to pay or tip your driver: Uber stores your credit card on file, so payments (tip included) are automatic and hassle free.
To cancel once a driver is en route to pick you up, text CANCEL to UBR-CAB (827–222). Cancel within 2 minutes to avoid a $10 cancellation fee.
Uber Cab — On Demand Taxi Service “