Five dies after eating puffer fish

Five members of a family including two children, died after eating poisonous puffer fish from Jaintapur in Darbast union in Sylhet.

The deceased were identified as Abdur Rahim (60), his son Solaiman (35) and Lokman (30), two sons of Solaiman, Rohin (8) and Moni (7), all hailing from Mohail village.

Solaiman’s wife Marufa Begum and five of their relatives from the same village including Borhan, Joynal and Razia are all under treatment after the incident.

The matter was confirmed by Chairman of Jaintapur upazila. He said, 4 of the injured people are admitted and under treatment at Osmani Medical College Hospital and one is under Ragib Rabeya Medical College Hospital.

Local source and police informed that Solaiman and his family members became ill after eating the puffer fish.

They were rushed to Jaintapur Health Complex, and later to Osmani Medical College Hospital as their conditions deteriorated.

Solaiman was declared dead by duty doctors at Osmani Medical College.

His sons later succumbed as well at the hospital.

News Source : ABnews24