Digital Marketing for Financial Advisors: The Ultimate Guide
As a financial advisor, you are always striving to grow your business. At the same time, you are managing the needs and wants of your existing clients.
Your goal is to save time and make more money. So have you ever thought about optimizing your marketing channels? If not, read on and see what you might have been missing!
The financial services industry is slow to adapt digital marketing practices. Things have changed, however. The latest regulatory framework has allowed financial advisors to use these powerful mediums. They attract prospects and keep your existing clientele engaged.
In this guide, I will detail the major components of any digital marketing strategy, and along the way, provide insights on how to best use the strategies for your firm’s digital marketing campaign. This content is meant for beginners, who may have no knowledge and/or experience with using digital strategies.
A quick preview:
- Digital marketing is any form of marketing that involves electronic devices.
The following are the primary components of your digital marketing strategy:
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the optimization of your website and other controlled, branded properties for greater visibility in search engines such as Google and Bing.
3. Content marketing is the creation and promotion of content to build awareness for your firm and services. Creating and syndicating quality content that addresses your ideal prospects’ concerns drives traffic to your website and can increase the number of leads in your sales funnel.
4. Social media is the extension of your firm’s website because every 4 out of 5 people in the US are using it. Today, if you want your marketing game plan to work, you must give attention to your presence on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and others.
5. In 2017, email marketing is still the king and is 40 times more effective than Facebook and Twitter combined.
6. A few best practices for your email marketing campaign include:
- Determine the 4Ms for your firm’s brand: Message, Marketing, Magnet, and Mechanism
- Build your contact list with attractive lead magnets. Always provide insights, not just information.
- Curate diverse content that appeals to your clients and prospects needs and concerns.
- Choose a flexible email service provider that is versatile for various devices such as tablets and mobile phones
7. Pay-per-click advertising (PPC) is the best way to see fast results from your marketing campaign. You can start your PPC campaign by specifying your target audience, target keywords, budget, competition, and the best platform to reach your target demographic at the lowest cost.
A well-built PPC campaign combined with a comprehensive SEO strategy is a great way to see both fast results with your online marketing efforts along with long term benefits.
8. A regular, informative webinar series is a great way to diversify your content, build trust in your brand, push prospects closer to becoming clients, and maintain strong relationships with your current clients.