Meet First Round’s Angel Track Class—Spring 2018
By Phin Barnes
Last month, we announced an open application for First Round Angel Track — a masterclass and community for angel investors who are just getting started. We were blown away by the response. Over just a couple weeks, we received 500+ applications and spoke with dozens of the highest-caliber operators in tech. Today, we’re thrilled to announce our first cohort:
- Erica Baker, Senior Engineering Manager at Patreon & Founding Member of Project Include
- Tomas Barreto, VP Product and Engineering at Checkr
- Felicia Curcuru, Co-founder and CEO at Binti
- William Hockey, Co-founder & CTO at Plaid
- Yardley Ip, General Manager at Zillow & Co-founder of Women in Product
- Todd Jackson, VP Product at Dropbox & Co-founder of Cover
- Nafis Jamal, Former CTO & Co-Founder at MoPub
- Theresa Johnson, Product Manager at Airbnb
- Bangaly Kaba, Head of Growth at Instagram
- Shiyan Koh, VP of Business Operations & Corporate Development at NerdWallet
- Cat Lee, Head of Culture at Pinterest
- Kimberly Marshall, Senior Program Officer, Tech Investments at the Gates Foundation
- Vivek Patel, SVP Business Operations & Strategy at Postmates
- Brian Rothenberg, VP & General Manager of Eventbrite’s Self Service Business and Product
- Mandela Schumacher-Hodge Dixon, Founder & CEO of Founder Gym
- Ayo Omojola, Product on Cash App at Square
Starting in April, this group will get together every two weeks to learn from seasoned investors like Elad Gil, Ann Miura-Ko, Keith Rabois, Charles Hudson, Megan Quinn, and more. Together, they’ll talk through approaches and goals, and —in small breakout teams—meet with founders seeking angel funding and expertise. We’re excited to host such an exceptional group as they share and learn from each other, and we’re already looking forward to expanding the program in new ways and new cities.
Are you an early stage founder looking for funding and advice? For entrepreneurs, this is a rare opportunity to discuss your startup with an incredible group of expert operators — all of whom are enthusiastic to do more investing.
During evening sessions on April 19, May 3, and May 31, we’re inviting a small group of early stage founders to meet with Angel Track members. They’ll have the opportunity to pitch to small groups of 3–4 Angels who have the option to invest. If you’re interested, tell us more about yourself here.
In the meantime, I’m thankful for the amazing investors who’ve decided to join us as speakers, excited to work closely with this first cohort of new Angels, and can’t wait to see how this program grows over the next few years.
If you are interested in participating in the future, please send us a note at email@example.com.