Washing Machine: Simple Steps to Prevent Damage
You can’t work normally with a box of dead machine laying over the floor constantly reminding you to get it fixed. What if you would have taken care of it before reaching to this state of disharmony? Well, it is possible to save a large amount of money in repairing or purchasing a new appliance by following simple preventive steps.
How to take care of a Washing Machine?
This appliance keeps your hygiene and health at priority and demands little care in return. Appliances repair service before the emergency occurs is not only good for your machine’s working but also keeps it clean from dirt and fabric accumulations.
- It is important to read the specification of your machine to not run it over the operational condition. The manual preaches about all the ‘how-to-do’ and ‘Don’ts’ of the appliance.
- Along with technicality, the environment is equally important such as leveling of the machine, position from the wall and proper water drainage around the machine.
- Apart from this, machine should be left open after the use for some time. This prevents building up of poor smell and growth of microorganisms due to the moisture.
- One must clean the lint filter every now and then to make sure washing is efficiently done.
- It is important to note that ratio of detergent to water level and load is important to measure elsewise excess could harm the metal.
- Inspect all the pipes in and out of the machine.
- It is important to note whether all the bents and hoses are free from cracks.
- Also, check the rubber gaskets are not damaged. Appliance repair san jose have various fittings and inexpensive services to offer in case there is a problem.
- Machines tend to get the lint filter damaged due to the chemical residue and fabric thread accumulation. So, clean or change it as per the condition before it clogs other pipes as well.
- Due to load, drum may get a shift which could create a severe problem in longer run. If your machine makes unusual noise or shakes while running then these are the early signs that your rotating drum is in trouble.
- Water oxidizes the metal in ease, hence, it is suggested to keep a check on the body and frame of the appliance so that there are no scratches and rusting. If so, then clean and paint the surface.
These easy preventive measures can reduce the chances of machine’s damage and increase its lifespan.
Originally published at articles.org.