Top 4 (Four) Technology Tips to Cut Your Warehouse Costs
Do you experience High Warehouse Costs even during Non Peak Period?
Warehouse operations can easily become hard, cumbersome and chaotic with the multitude of tasks and personnel on site. With so many moving things and lost time due to error and transportation within the facility, there are some technological solutions that can help you save both time and money in your warehouse.
Using a barcode system will not only cut costs in reduced error but also will save your employees’ time.
Barcodes can save you time and money in every area of the warehouse. This can be seen in the increase of your inbound cases per hour in receiving, the better traceability throughout the order filling process and the more streamlined and accurate billing on the shipping dock.
Implementing a barcode system is essential to warehouse operations. There are many companies in India which sell barcodes and barcode-readers. I have listed few below for your reference :-
- BarcodeIndia — For over two decades, BCIL has been the market leader in providing solutions in Enterprise Mobility, Bar Coding, RFID and EWLAN for supply chain and asset management in the Retail, Manufacturing & Logistics market verticals.
- Specgraph — Specgraph is India’s one of the leading companies for providing complete identification and data collection system through bar-coding. Based in Kolkata, it has been operating in India since past 22 years, having a considerable market share in the Bar-coding & Labeling Industry.
- Vatsbarcode — Established in the year 2009, Vats Barcode Systems is witnessing growth and success at an accelerated pace. It offers 1D and 2D bar code reading, optical character recognition, image lift, and parcel dimensioning and simulations detection services for customers in retail, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and postal and parcel delivery industries.
- Great Eastern — Great Eastern Idtech Pvt. Ltd. established 1983, is India’s leading systems integrator & solution provider in Automatic Identification & Data Capture (AIDC) technologies to help businesses identify & track goods or information across the supply chain and improve business productivity, and profits.
Automated Labour Scheduling
Labour costs are usually your largest expense. Penciled in schedules can result in unneeded labor overlaps as well as unnoticed overtime accumulations.
Using a labour management and scheduling software will help keep costs low and manageable, as well as reduce management’s stress levels by taking a very large time-consuming task off their plate.
I have listed few labour management software providers in India, below :-
Kronos — Kronos offers the industry’s most powerful suite of tools and services to manage and engage your entire workforce.
Smart Suite — BioEnable Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is a leading Indian company working in the field of advanced electronic Identification, Automation and Tracking Products & Services. SmartSuite Solution is a web based application with an open source structure. It employs PHP as the core technology behind its development. To power its database needs, it uses one of the world’s most popular database management system, MySQL.
Spiky Arc — SPIKYarc Software Services is recognized as one of the fastest growing and most experienced comprehensive Web development Company (offering one stop shop solution for all online needs of its customers and prospects).
There are a significant number of easy but effective ways to cut your overhead costs on energy.
Painting your walls white if they aren’t already, as well as installing windows, will improve the natural light in your warehouse that will also increase productivity in your workers.
Switching out your current bulbs for energy efficient bulbs will reduce your electricity bill.
You can reduce it even further by installing a timer and sensor systems, so you’re not wasting energy and money when no one is around.
Shipping, deliveries and moving stock between warehouses can change in a short amount of time.
To stay on top of your mileage and GST expenses, use Warehouse Management Tools and Technologies to automatically keep track of whatever you may encounter on the job.
I have listed few Warehouse Management Software Apps available in India, below :-
- Oracle Logfire — On December 9, 2016, Oracle completed the acquisition of Logfire, a provider of cloud-based warehouse management applications. LogFire’s built-for-the-cloud solution provides an integrated warehouse, inventory and workforce management platform that easily scales with increased volume and complexity.
- EFacility — eFACiLiTY® is developed, owned and supported by SIERRA ODC Private Limited an 18 year old Software Company operating in India, USA, Malaysia, Singapore and Middle East. SIERRA a Microsoft Gold Partner company is committed to provide world-class Software services and solutions to customers around the globe.
- PALMS — PALMS™ Warehouse Management System provides configurable Supply Chain processes required by companies to provide better customer service and control operational costs.
- Improsys — Warehouse Management System (WMS) Software developed by Improsys is a low cost complete business management software which plays a key part in supply chain management.
Originally published at Flexspace Blog.