Difference Between Google: Marshmallow & Nougat
Google I/O Summit held in the year of 2015 unveiled the 6th major version of the Android Operating System code named as Android M. Just a year later, it announced its next new invention- Android N.
Each versions come out with new updated features with the key focus on improving the user experience of their predecessor. The success of the versions depends highly on user feedback or their experience.on
Don’t Miss: Journey from Android Donut to Marshmallow
This article makes a comparative study between the two versions of Operating Systems.
Comparative Study of Android M & Android N:
It is obvious that Android N has updated version of the features embedded in Android M. Let us study the minor changes that has been introduced in the current version.
Dose & App Standby:
Marshmallow’s Doze feature puts your device into a sleep state automatically. App standby limit drain off battery life enabling charge to last longer than usual.
Nougat’ Doze feature places the device on lower power usage when on move.
USB Type C of Marshmallow quickly transfer power and data all through the same cable. Lightning fast charging gives you hours of power in just minutes.
Nougat limits the data usage when it is on data server disabling apps in the background to access the mobile data.
Privacy & Security-
- Ask for permission only when needed. The user can deny and continue with the app.
- Advanced Controls to permissions switch on or off for all installed apps.
- Prior warning about any modification on OS and firmware before auto boot.
- Fingerprint sensors to unlock device and authentic transactions in app stores.
- Direct Boot helps device to restart faster and keeps important communications running.
- Seamless software updates
- File-based encryption protect files on your device.
- Scoped folder access enables apps to request access to specific folders.
- Trusted face, a smart lock, uses face recognizer to unlock your device.
- Bluetooth device includes pressure sensitivity and modifier keys.
- Improved typesetting and text rendering performance.
- Smart text selection such as translating text from one language to another, built-in undo/redo, and text actions.
- Save paper with duplex printing support.
- Split screen mode allow multitasking on the same screen.
- Picture-in-picture mode allows you to watch video while browsing or changing settings.
- Quick Switch to switch between two recently used apps.
Device Setup & Migration-
- Easy transfer of data, apps, accounts to a new device.
- Auto backup for Apps
- More improved system backup coverage.
- 74+ languages with 6 new additions: Azerbaijani, Gujarati, Kazakh, Albanian, Urdu, and Uzbek.
- Multi-locale support enables search results in multiple languages.
- Sort your language preferences to allow apps to pick the right keyboard & text for you.
Besides the above key points of difference, there are other features that are unique to the individual versions of operating systems.
Now, it is up to you to make your purchase decision.