Brooklyn is a state of mind.
A few facts about me, a person who has never been to Brooklyn.
- I built my dining table and refinished the chairs.
- I’m building a wall shelf out of metal pipes.
- I pickle. I had a pickling vat, even, but got rid of it in a recent move.
- I make yogurt regularly. I’ve made butter and mozzarela cheese, too.
- The other day I ran out of mayo and decided to make some, which I guess lots of people do, but then I pasteurized it sous vide.
- I built a machine to suck small plastic balls up the stairs. You know, for kids.
- I write Medium posts.
- I found the NBA finals boring, so instead of watching it last night I made some Mexican chocolate popsicles.
- I’m growing a beard. I bought beard oil.
- I bought a handmade comb.
- I get custom-fitted shirts. I wear Timberland boots.
- I think it’s reasonable for men to wear make-up.
- I listen to public radio all the time. ALL. THE. TIME.
- I tweet.
- I have two children who go to a Montessori preschool whose annual celebration is called International Day.
- My kids favorite snack is bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Their favorite musician is Paul Simon.