How Is Rural Electrification Aided By Solar System?
The changes coming every now and then in the lives of people residing in metropolitan cities of prominent countries do not describe the entire picture of development. The measurement of a country’s advancement can be best measured through the living condition of people in rural areas.
Solar system can bring about a world of change in the life of people living there. It will give the areas away from the fruit of power since years explore new opportunities. There are several disadvantages of not having access to power. And surprisingly there are still such areas in many countries that either have no power supply or have disrupted supply of energy.
How Can Solar Energy Be Useful To Rural Areas?
Rural electrification Africa can get possible due to both traditional grid-feed system and hybrid solar system. While the former allows the villagers to make use of electricity during day time, the later has additional feature of saving solar energy.
A hybrid system allows the set-up to store solar energy and use it in later hours of the day. This is of great use to villagers, it will help them lit the street lights and other equipment tools during dark time. It will be a chance for them to increase security and safety of their location. Most importantly, in the places where there is interrupted power supply residents can make use of hybrid solar systems as a backup supply during blackouts.
There Are Several Reasons Why Rural Areas Should Be Supported With Solar Electrification, They Include:
- There is already huge dependency of population from urban areas upon fuels and other non-renewable resources of energy. In this situation, encouraging a part of mass to use the energy sun that is never going to deplete will be of great advantage.
- With diversifications in solar systems, charging, storing and generating power from solar energy is not an out of vision thought! It can be used for both domestic and commercial purposes in rural areas in a country.
- Rural areas are more favourable to solar systems than traditional power grids. Hence, installing solar system there would be economically feasible too
- These plants are also easy to handle, upgrade, maintain in long run. Once installed, they can work for over years.
- While opening a door of opportunities for big projects to take off in such under-developed regions, installation of solar power plants will save the environment as well.
Undoubtedly electrification of rural areas is definitely possible due to presence of solar energy!