Lead Build & Release Engineer
As the Lead build and release engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a robust build and release system. You will design and implement our next generation of tools for building, continuous integration, test automation and release management. You will have the critical role of orchestrating the eeroOS release from start to finish without missing a beat. All of these things you will do must be broadly communicated and documented. A key part of this role is also mentoring others on how to build new software targeted at eeroOS.
We’re looking for someone who:
Worked in build and release or devops for at least 5+ years.
- You self describe as detail orientated.
- You understand the ins-and-outs of Jenkins or other build tools.
- You write well documented code with proper error handling.
Compiled a linux operating system from scratch for embedded ARM.
- You regularly use embedded build OS build systems like Buildroot or Yocto.
- You are very proficient in linux and Make.
- You have built and managed toolchains.
- You have built linux kernel and kernel modules for ARM.
Owned the decision of whether or not software is ready to ship to production.
- You say no, and are not afraid to provide pushback when the build is not ready.
- You jump on any blocking issues to ensure the software gets out the door.
- You guarantee quality by running the process for software release.
Automated away manual steps as part of build, release, and test.
- You have moved engineering teams to continuous delivery using tools like GoCD.
- You are proficient in python or Groovy.
Deployed and managed build, release, and automation tools to a cloud platform.
- You have experience with Chef or Ansible.
- You have managed build clusters either via Jenkins or other build tools.
- You have led a team in build and release.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.