How Technology Affected my Life
What is TECHNOLOGY?
Technology is something that make communicating a lot more easier. Technology takes place in our world step-by-step.
Technology Then and Now
- Before they use letters, snail mails, and other ways of communicating. Now we use emails, messenger, viber, and other communicating applications.
2. According to www.sales-i.com: In the 80s, tablet devices consisted of pen and paper, and more importantly, the Filofax. Across the world business people would be planning their sales meetings, storing their contacts and keeping all their important information in one place. Now also according to www.sales-i.com: We have a multitude of choice ranging from the iPad to the Kindle. Not only have they replaced the trusty Filofax, they’re replacing the computer too.
3. Before children play with toys, if not probably joysticks. Now children tap iPads, press keyboards and mouses.
Communicating is easier when there is TECHNOLOGY. Up until now there are people who write and use letters , but it rarely happens.
“Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important. - Bill Gates”
Disadvantages of Technology
- Job loss — replacing humans;
- World destruction weapons — increasing endless wars;
- Increased loneliness — social isolation;
- Competency — increased dependency on modern tools that reduces our creativity and intelligence.
Advantages of Technology
- Improved communication — advanced communication technology tools;
- Easy access to information — at anytime and anywhere;
- Improved housing and lifestyle — most of the items that we have in our homes today are automated (if we compare with houses in the 70´s, 80´s, 90´s);
- Improved entertainment — we have more video games now, good music to listen and visual systems like smart TV’s;
- Social Networking — great improvement for individuals and businesses;
- Convenience in education — online and mobile education;
- Convenience of traveling — very important in our lives and in the business world;
- Changed the health industry — modern technology in hospitals, reducing the mistakes made by doctors and evolving the patients treatments;
- Efficiency and productivity — helping businesses increasing production, saving time and money in the industry;