9 Funny Political Quotes to Share
Every few years, around the elections, there seem to be more funny political quotes on social networks, and on websites in general, like on this webpage: http://www.hoopoequotes.com/collections/item/35749-42-funniest-political-quotes. People seem to share political quote images at those times more, but I think we should do that more often.
Politics is not only about elections, it is about our everyday lives. Their decisions influence us every day. We may often seem powerless to them, the few chosen, but we are the ones who chose them in the first place. We may seem weak individually, but jointly we can help create great change. But until that day comes, all we can do is laugh at them and remind them on their countless blunders.
That is why there are so many quotes websites around — not only to remind us of great inspirational sayings of famous people, but also to remind us that the people governing us are no better than the worst student in our class.
So, whether you’re a Facebook and Instagram type, who likes to share pictures and interesting stories, or you are more into short but effective messages — the Twitter style — you have to do your part — share these funny quotes for everyone to see what politicians really are.
- All the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill the history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill at dancing. — Moliere
2. No man is good enough to govern another man without the other’s consent. — Abraham Lincoln
3. We get what we deserve. They are our elected officials. — George Carlin
4. I desire so to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end… I have lost every other friend on earth I shall at least have one friend left and that friend shall be down inside of me. — Abraham Lincoln
5. All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take. — Mahatma Gandhi
6. Forget sex, or politics, or religion, loneliness is the subject that clears out a room. — Doug Coupland
7. A politician never forgets the precarious nature of elective life. We have never established a practice of tenure in public office. — Hubert H. Humphrey
Is your father politician? Is your brother a member of a political party? Are the students you know volunteers for a political campaign? Do they believe in what they do? Are they serious people? Or can they take a bit of teasing? Click here to share with them one of the following quotes and find that out:
8. It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. — Ronald Raegan
9. If you want to study the social and political history of modern nations study hell. — Thomas Merton
Which one will you share? Whom will you share it with? Or are you not satisfied with the choice and want to search more? Then you could check some of these funny political quotes.