What Is Life?

Day 331/365: It’s all simple math…

Life: 1% what happens to you, 99% how you react to it.

That’s it. Pretty boring, I know.

For me, life is never about my circumstances. This year, I’ve been doing great at my job. I’ve been able to earn some money, travel a ton and also put my house in order. It wasn’t easy, but not hard either. It was fine.

Why?

Because I never felt incredible, nor depressed when things started to fluctuate. Before things got great, they were slow and harsh. The thing that got me going through the good and the bad was my consistency and my lack of reaction. No reaction is the best reaction you can have in life.

Be consistent regardless of your environment or situation.

By doing so, you allow your life to happen the way it should, while you just live it. You don’t mingle with it because, quite frankly, you can’t do shit about it if life goes South. You can’t do so much if your life turns great either because if you do, you’ll probably end up ruining everything.

The best thing to do is to just take things as they are, as they come to you. Never react to bad situations. Just respond to them. Just say that you’re fine with it, that it’s just a phase and that it will pass because nothing in life lasts forever. Nothing, not even life itself.

Whenever you feel like you’re stuck or unhappy, remember to stop reacting to the stuff around you. Take hold of that 1% you can sort of control in your life and make the most out of it. And just stay put and wait it out for the rest of the 99% you can’t do anything about.

Simple math.

Thank you for your time!

Click HERE if you want the best writing piece for you and your business!

Click HERE to buy my book on how I made it as a freelancer with nothing to begin with but a crappy laptop and about a year on a dead platform!

Follow me @gabrieliosa on Instagram and give this post exactly 42 claps!

I’m on a mission to write 365 articles in s. This is definitely the biggest writing challenge of my life so far. If you’d like to be part of the journey, please follow me here on Medium.com for the daily posts!

365 Days Writing Challenge: -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330