GTM Orchestration, the next journey.
75% of learning comes from collaboration, 25% from individual work - Alex Pentland
Over the past 7 years, I’ve been fortunate to interact with a number of visionaries in the go-to-market field. The knowledge gained during this period has been through three channels:
1) Practical skill development from leading go-to-market teams.
2) Reading the work of leading practitioners and academics.
3) Acquiring best practices from selling sales and marketing technology to go-to-market leaders.
In this post, I’d like to take the opportunity to thank those who have supported my growth, and allowed me to take the leap into entrepreneurship.
The following articles were originally curated for a Cambridge MBA internship program, and span the entire go-to-market landscape, from fundraising to customer success.
GTM Orchestration begins with strategy, and delivers with execution.
Primer before proceeding: Personal Productivity by Marc Andreessen
Fundraising financial and product due diligence
- Getting from A to (Series) B
- SaaS Planning Sheet
- The ONE THING that Helps Most in Raising a Series A Round
- How Much Should Your Startup Spend To Grow?
- The Surprisingly Simple Slide Deck Used To Raise $65M for Mixpanel
- 2016 Pacific Crest SaaS Survey — Part 1
- The First VC Meeting (Post 1 of Many)
- 16 Startup Metrics
- LinkedIn’s Series B Pitch to Greylock
- Benchmarking Exceptional Series A SaaS Companies
- Optimizing the SaaS LTV/CAC ratio
- How To Build a Process for Modeling CAC and LTV
Sales & Marketing Technology
- Sales and Marketing 3.0: The High Velocity Model
- Sales Development Technology: The Stack Emerges
- Follow The Money (Predictive Intelligence)
- Account Based Marketing — G2 Crowd
- Sales Intelligence — G2 Crowd
- The 2017 Startup Sales Stack Report
- If SaaS Products Sell Themselves, Why Do We Need Sales?
- What’s Driving the Next Wave of Sales Tools
SAM and TAM analysis
- Ideal Customer Profile Framework
- ICP + TAM = A Sales Qualified Lead Machine
- DOs and DON’Ts for SaaS entrepreneurs — #1
- Five ways to build a $100 million business
- Calculate the Total Addressable Market (TAM) Size for the Beachhead Market
- Don’t Worry Too Much If All Your Customers are in “Tech”
Road to IPO
- Tomasz Tunguz S1 Analysis
- A Data-Driven Exploration of Tech IPOs From 1997 to Present
- US Venture Capital & Startup Traction Report
- The Venture Capital Funnel: Your Chances Of Raising Follow-Ons, Exiting, And Becoming A Unicorn
- Grow fast or die slow
- What’s a Typical SaaS ACV? Benchmarking SaaS Annual Contract Values
- The SaaS business model and metrics
- One More Time: What Drives SaaS Company Valuation? Growth!!
- What did Billion Dollar Companies Look Like at the Series A?
- Not All Revenue Dollars Are Created Equal
Product and Customer Success
- How to send SaaS onboarding emails without being a nag
- The Secret to Successful Customer Onboarding
- A Minimum Viable Product Is Not a Product, It’s a Process
- What we learned analyzing 40+ top SaaS landing pages
- Lessons From Sending 5M SaaS Customer Development Surveys
- Your SaaS Is NOT a Product: How to Change Your Mindset and Boost Your Revenue
- The Art of Product Management
Excited for you to join me on the journey! Happy reading!
Daniel (CEO, GTM Orchestration)