What is 3D Printing Sand Casting?
3D Printing Sand Casting is a method by which goods are produced by using a 3D model. First, a 3D model is prepared and its replica is placed in a sand box. Hot metal is poured into the replica and it is allowed to cool. Once it takes the desired shape, the product is removed from the sand box and the sand surrounding the product is removed. This final product is now ready for use. This is one of the most cost effective ways of producing high-quality goods at affordable rates. It also provides a lot of freedom when it comes to designing the product in question. Professional sand casting companies also provide other forms of casting such as brass casting service, eco brass casting, lead free casting or copper alloy casting.
Benefits of 3D Printing Sand Casting:
• Design Freedom: The 3D printing sand casting process allows you to mold objects according to your requirement. The first step in the process is to design a 3D replica of the product on the computer. The product can be given any shape. It all depends on the client requirements and the engineer’s creativity. They can intricately design each and every aspect of the product and give it an authentic and distinct look. The product image created on the computer can be checked thoroughly in terms of width, size, length, etc. This will ensure that the final product is tune with the client’s vision and the engineer’s design.
• Incorporation of Intricate Details: The 3D model allows for intricate detailing of the product in question. The 3D model can be checked from top to bottom and the necessary modifications can be made as required. This will make the final product look even more beautiful as it would incorporate all recommended and finishing details. This detailing is what sets this method apart from others. The number of altercations that can be made is quite extensive.
• Reduced Labor: Most of the casting processes such as copper alloy casting or lead free casting is done through machinery, and there is very little need of hard work. The workers simply have to keep a check on the machinery and to ensure everything is working fine. A large workforce is usually not required at the production stage, which helps the company save money. The business can make products with the minimum of hassle and with limited human dependence.
• Speed: This is also a very efficient form of replicating and manufacturing products. Once the details have been typed into the machine, the sand casting process can begin. The sand will be molded according to the engineer’s requirement. The goods will be produced within a limited period of time. This efficiency factor is one of the biggest selling points for this method. It ensures that the client gets his/her orders completed on time with the minimum of problems. Whether it is bronze sand casting or brass casting service you need, the work is always finished on time.
• Customer Demand: Today, customers are demanding 3D printing sand casting. This is because it is cheaper and allows for experimentation. The customer can explain their requirements to the company engineer and the sand casting process will take care of the rest. The customer’s feedback will be included for the design and production process and the company would ensure that the final product is in tune with the customer’s requirements. For instance, the client may want aluminum sand casting or eco brass products, and the design and production can be modified to take care of this.
About the Company
Gamma Foundries is one of Canada’s leading sand casting companies. The foundry has been in existence since the 1950s and proudly meets the production needs of clients across the globe.