7 Easy Steps to learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
What is SEO ?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is process of optimizing the web pages that help your website rank higher for specific keywords or search result when people search on google.
7 Easy Steps to learn SEO
- Create Unique and accurate page title and description.
- tell both users & search engine what the topic or summary of a particular page.
- use unique title & description for every page of website.
<meta name=”description” content=”……”>
- Improve the structure of URL’s & directories
- Use only relevant words in URL(Not a number or codes).
- Create simple directory structure. it will help visitors quickly find the content that they want.
- Use “Breadcrumb” list : Place the row of links at the top or bottom of the page that allow users to navigate back to previous or home page.
ex . puneguide/movies/a_flying_jatt
- Offer quality content & services
- Some sites will increase their recognition on their own by writing useful content on their site pages.
- Think about words that user might search to find a piece of your content.
a> Write easy, fresh and unique content.
b> Write content for your site, not for a search engine.
c> Some user who know more about your website might use different keyword in their search engine than someone who is new to website/page.
- Create Site map files
Two types of site map files
A. XML Site Map
- This file help search engine to find all the pages on your website.
B. HTML Site Map
- Display hierarchical list of your page.
- User visit this page if they having problem to find particular page on website.
- Create Robots.txt file
- Restrict google crawling whenever it’s not needed
User-agent : *
Disallow : /
- Useful 404 page
- User will come to “404 page not found” page whenever enter the broken link or wrong url means that page does not exist on your site.
- Create custom 404 page. In that provide link to popular content and link to your main page of website.
Note : Google provide 404 widget tool that embed in your 404 page.
- Specifying App content for indexing
- Google web crawling also index content in your android app.
- You can allow googlebot to crawl the content in APK through google play store app content.