The pros and cons of composting toilets for the upcoming generation!
The system developed to collect the human waste and after that processing the waste by an aerobic microbial activities which help to decompose the waste, killing off all the harmful and hazardous substances is called composting toilets. These toilets tend to be environment friendly as the process does not require water or any sewage treatment further, developing an end product which could be ideal for the fertilization of landscapes and trees. These toilets are far more better implemented than pit toilets or latrines which do nothing but pollute the groundwater.These toilets can be build both outdoors and indoors. Further the construction and in-built of these dry toilets for home can range from most elaborate and expensive manufactured systems to the convenient do-yourself kits.These composting toiletsare designed in a way that they incorporate vents that run both outward and upward also, eliminating odors and circulating air.
· The prior and the most attractive pro of installing these composting toilet is that the cost involved for the installation is less than other alternatives. Also, the cost involved for the maintenance in future would also be very low. When the basic features of these toilets are compared to the others then it is mostly cheaper, faster and easier to install.
· Because the process is environment friendly the nature is not harmed in any way or the impact would be minimal. Further, the end product if this entire system could be used as a fertilizer for the landscape and trees.
· Due to the systematic and easy process the use of water is minimal which is a very great step towards saving water. This pro of all the pros make these composite toilets one of the best among rest!
· The style of toilets you prefer to use can be a major issue. Also, the smell that it leaves behind can be daunting sometimes. This issue can be a serious one if the systems are centralized but, the issue can be resolved if these dry toilet system are compartmentalized. And to get rid of the daunting smell one can take the help of air fresheners.
· If you are the only one using these types of indoor dry toilets among your friends and family then when they ever come to visit your place, using these types of toilets could be very weird for them by the time they get used to them with their frequent visits. They might not be comfortable or they might feel a bit uneasy at start but gradually when they know about it and become well versed, things would fall back into place.
· The major matter of concern would be the size of these toilets. The dry composting toilet take up more area to built-up than the regular ones and this would be because of the additional components and the compartments that are required to manage the entire waste.
So, it totally depends on the requirements you have and the facilities that you wish to possess only then you would be able to decide what is best for you!