Bread Time Story: Score The Best Garlic Baguette in Town at These Places
Nothing can beat the satisfaction you get when you take in a bite of a perfectly prepared buttered toast, oozing of cheese and garlic, what in other words we call ‘Garlic Bread’ here! Adding a spin to the regular ‘Garlic Bread’ , a few places have introduced Garlic Bread Baguette in Ludhiana, which given the winter , has had us craving for these cheesy carbs a lot! Now before Gedhi Route divulges these places, why don’t you understand what a Garlic Baguette is, so that this ballyhoo around it doesn’t seem irrelevant.
A Baguette is a long, thin loaf of French bread that is commonly made from basic lean dough. With a chewy center, crisp brown crust, oodles of cheese and melting puddles of parsley and herb butter, garlic baguettes are worlds away from the regular sliced garlic bread pieces.
So without further ado, here are the places:
- Bake N Grill
- This cozy container cafe in Model Town has a lot to offer, be it calzone or cookies. But what really makes us frequent this cafe is the extremely delectable garlic herb and butter baguette . What’s special about their recipe is their combination of home made butter, garlic, and parsley along with fresh bread that comes from their own bakehouse ( Pixie’s Bakehouse) . Mind you, the garlic baguette is full of butter, herbs, parsley and cheese. Baked to perfection, the baguette is generously filled with ingredients and that is what their USP is. Lightly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, this bread baguette is perfect to be had on an empty stomach. Trust us, you will feel full the entire day!
- Where: Bake N Grill
Cost: INR 200
- Bourbon Broadway
- If you still haven’t been to the rooftop of Bourbon Broadway, you have been missing out on a lot! It was on a sunny afternoon, while soaking in some Vitamin D, that we came across ‘Pulled Cheese Garlic Bread’ as a part of their Chef’s special menu and we couldn’t help ordering it. If the picture doesn’t tempt you already, lets us get into the finer details. Imagine, garlic bread bun topped with mozzarella and yellow cheddar cheese and then baked to perfection, served with a basil salsa dip. One bite and it was a blast of flavors, ranging from the buttery hot cheesy garlic bun with cold basil salsa. That’s one dish that’s become a must-have for us at Bourbon Broadway now. Perfect to be had for lunch.
- Where: Bourbon Broadway, Malhar Road
Cost: INR 325 plus taxes
- Nik Bakers
- One of the busiest cafes in the city, Nik Bakers is known for a lot of things. But one dish that remains unexplored it their ‘Garlic and Cheese Bread’. Soft, cheesy and served with thick mayo kind of dip, the bread doesn’t have a lot of butter and herbs. So f you are looking for a simpler version of the Garlic Baguette, Nik Bakers is the place to be.
- Where: Nik Bakers, Sarabha Nagar
Cost: INR 170 plus taxes
If you know of other places that serve Garlic Baguette or any variation of it, let us know in the comments section below!
Originally published at Gedhi Route.