Egg-stacy fix: For those sudden egg cravings
While scientifically we are still trying to figure whether the chicken came first or the egg, on a gastronomic level we are more than thankful for them both. Funda or no funda, but Anda, being the versatile ingredient that it is, rules our heart and taste buds. Here’s a list of places that serve the best egg dishes in Ludhiana at your behest!
- Nik Bakers
- Known for their all day breakfast, Nik Bakers serves some amazing omelettes and egg sandwiches. However, our favourites have to be their Indian style veggie omelette, sunny side up and the smoked chicken and egg sandwich. Healthy and delectable, these dishes will definitely satiate your hunger for eggs.
Address: Nik Bakers
Contact No: 0161 5062208
- Bistro Flamme Bois
- A great place to throw caution to the wind and enjoy, Bistro Flamme Bois serves a delicious spread of eggs with bacon, sausages, grilled tomatoes, fries, buttered toast called ‘For Meat Lovers’. And when you aren’t in a ‘hangry’ mood but still go weak at the mere mention of eggs then the Spanish flat omelette stuffed with potatoes, tomatoes, onions, Olives and parmesan cheese makes for a mean meal.
Address: Bistro Flamme Bois
- With a very egg-citing menu, this low-key cafe whips up amazing egg dishes (apart from omeletes, of course). The scrambled and sunny side up eggs are quite a hit at this place. We love going back to this place for their hash brown omelette which is a crescent shaped omelette stuffed mash potato, chicken salami with shredded cheese.
Contact No: +91 7814108400
The perfect way to spice up a dish… top it off with an egg!
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
- If you are looking for a variety when it comes to eggs then this coffee shop is the place to be. From boiled, fried eggs to omelettes they have everything. Don’t give their ham & cheese omelette a miss! And not ordering coffee here would be a sin.
Address: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Contact No: 0161 4662285
- Diet saga by Sania Gupta
- How can the menu of this niche cafe, which is trying to promote a healthy eating culture in Ludhiana lack eggs? The specialty chefs can whip up any egg of your choice be it a flat greek omelette or just scrambled eggs. All of that combined with a plethora of healthy teas and fresh raw juices just completes the meal.
Address: Diet Saga
Contact No: +91 8284860452
Spinach & Ricotta Cheese Masala Omelette with Spinach Dip at the Diet Saga is a must have
- Colonial Café
- This place serves ‘Frittatas’!!! Nothing can satiate one’s desire for eggs like a fluffy Frittata which is basically a baked italian omelette and tastes like heaven. Though the breakfast menu is very similar to other places in the city, what sets the preparation apart is its lightness and freshness.
Address: Colonial Café
Contact No:+91 8566003688
- The Small World Cafe
- Bun Omelette has to be your best bet here. The name says it all — it is a classic Bombay bun
omelette served with fried potatoes and salad. Pick from other egg creations like Jalapeno Masala Omelette, Chicken & Cheese Omelette, Egg white & mushroom omelette. Perfect for an evening snack after that strenuous shopping trip at the silver arc mall.
Address: The Small World Cafe
Contact No: 0161 3040041
Picture Courtesy: Mrs & Mr Cafe, Mocha, Diet Saga by Sania Gupta
*Information subject to change at the discretion of the restaurant
Originally published at Gedhi Route.