NECKLACE SIZE CHART FOR WOMEN
Ladies, Are you confused about which necklace length can help you frame your face and to wear with which outfit? We know it can be tricky to figure out when it comes to size.
To help you know what will best suit for you, we’ve come up with this necklace size chart and some tips on how to measure for a necklace.
How to Measure Neck Size?
While determining which necklace length will work best for you, neck size is one of the most important factors. Follow the steps as given below
· Wrap a soft tape measure around your neck, keeping the tape measure parallel to the floor.
· In order to prevent the chain from sitting too snugly around your neck, add 2to 4 inches to your neck measurement.
· If you are measuring for choker necklace, then you can stick with your exact neck measurement and don’t add any excess length.
Know Your Height
In addition to neck size, your height is also an important factor as it can change the position of a necklace around your neck. Long necklaces can overwhelm shorter women and short necklaces can get lost on taller women.
· If your height is above 5 feet (1.5 m) 7 inches (170 cm) go for long opera or lariat necklace
· If your height is somewhere between 5’4 to 5’7, any length of necklace should work well.
· If you are under 5’4 then opting choker, collar or princess necklace is the best idea.
Shape of Your face
· According to fashion writers, Oval faces can graciously pull of any size necklace length.
· If your face is heart-shaped, oblong, or rectangular, it’s usually best if you go for short necklaces. Short lengths can help diminish the appearance of any elongated or sharp-edged features.
· If your face is round, it’s best to choose a long necklace, as it will halo to elongate your jaw line.
Match your necklace length to the occasion and the outfit.
Your Jewellery should compliment your outfit and your outfit is defined by the occasion. As a general rule, short necklaces work best with formal attire whereas clothes with high neck will accolade longer necklaces.