startlab: 37 days later
200 meetings. 60 applicants. 8 startups selected. 37 days later.
They’re pretty much the headline numbers to date for startlab, a tech incubator powered by Bank of Ireland located in Galway, Ireland (aka the real West Coast as I’ve found out thanks to Tracy Keogh, program manager at startlab!).
We’ve a pretty varied group in our first cohort including startups in the gaming, hardware, fintech and CMS space among others. Here’s a quick one line explanation below of the cohort. Please do get in touch with them directly using the links below if you’d like to know more about them.
- Birdleaf — turning email addresses into insights to increase return on investment in marketing
- Howling Hamster — producers of video games for PC, Mac and Linux for international sales and distribution
- Couture Intel — a luxury fashion price comparison site
- ExerWise — a wearable activity tracker for children
- MintTek Circuits — provides a new way to source hardware prototype requirements
- BuilderEngine — an innovative new platform for people who want to create smarter websites
- WoofAdvisor — helping pet lovers find 100% verified pet-friendly accommodation, amenities and services
- Bluedrop Medical — develops technology capable of remotely detecting and monitoring foot ulcers in patients with diabetes
Over the next 6 months (minus our 37 days used up so far) we get to work with these 8 tech startups alongside a round of great coaches and mentors to help scale out their ideas. To date it’s been an intense first 6 weeks with some changes, new learning's and adjustments to our program to better fit cohort 1 (we get to iterate on our original plans as well).
However, if a picture paints a thousand words, then who knows how big this articles word count could be after this video with our teams telling you more about what their startups do.
If you want to know more about the teams, about how to apply to future startlab programs or just want to say hi-hi, then get in touch with us at this link here
Our next big day for the gang here is coming up on the 7th of April with their first big mentor / demo day. Drop us a line if you’d like to attend as we’d love to intro you to the teams in person! So until then, here’s a day in the life of #BOIstartlab .gif for your leisurely perusal.