A sustainable economy, address the impacts of climate change, and climate risks and opportunities?
Here are the top 3 special climate change focused insights for June 6th, prepared by Alister, our CTO.
- PAX World Funds: The Transition to a Sustainable Economy
- RAND Corporation: Resilience and Adaptation Strategies Can Address the Impacts of Climate Change
- Wellington Management: Brewing storm — Are investors discounting climate risks and opportunities?
- History is stuffed with examples of societies that confronted existential challenges and failed to solve them: Easter Island, the Anasazi in Chaco Canyon, the Norse settlers in Greenland, the Maya in Central America.
- Today, the challenges are planetary in scale, and failure to solve them could mean that societies across the globe collapse.
- We are in the midst of what many experts see as the sixth great extinction.
- Unlike the first five, this one isn’t attributable to external events like a meteor impact or flood volcanism or loss of marine oxygen.
- This one is on us: It is a consequence of things like greenhouse gas emissions, overuse of fresh water, overexploitation of natural resources, rapidly expanding population and pollution without accountability.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Mixed Asset funds
- Columbia Thermostat Fund, 94
- Vanguard LifeStrategy Income Fund, 93
- SEI Multi-Asset Income Fund, 93
- By the end of this century, Chicago could face the kind of searing summer heat that Las Vegas sees now.
- Phoenix could hit 110 degrees, 60 or more days a year.
- That’s not wild speculation.
- It’s the official position of 13 federal agencies on climate change, released late last year with a warning: Local governments need to do more to prepare.
- Every road they build, every storm drain they put in, will have to hold up under conditions that modern civilization has never seen.
Genuine Scores for top 3 Equity funds
- Versus Capital Multi Manager Real Estate Income, 99
- Fidelity Advisor Series Growth Opportunities Fund, 97
- Fidelity Series Real Estate Income Fund, 97
- Climate change is an asymmetric, systemic, and largely unaddressed risk for investors.
- Climate-related asset repricing may be inevitable, potentially leading to widespread dispersion of security values.
- In our view, investors do not need to believe in climate change to recognize that addressing the risks and opportunities in their portfolios is good capital stewardship.
- Companies focused on climate change mitigation and adaptation are an evolving investment opportunity set.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Bond funds
- PGIM Core Short-Term Bond Fund, 100
- iShares Ultra Short-Term Bond ETF, 100
- BlueOrchard Microfinance, 100
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Alister and the Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 23rd of April