Here are the top 3 insights for August 22nd. A special looking at Baillie Gifford’s views on the Technology sector.
- Baillie Gifford: Technology: an enabler not a sector
- Baillie Gifford: Technology: an enabler not a sector part 2
- Baillie Gifford: Technology: an enabler not a sector part 3
- I’m asked about exposure to the technology sector more than I’m asked anything else about the portfolios I manage.
- To many people, my love affair with Sony and its subsequent demise is the classic parable for technology investing.
- Over the years, wise heads have nodded and muttered about nothing lasting forever and the innovators becoming the hunted.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Technology stocks:
- Hollysys Automation Technologies, 79
- SeSa, 75
- Perspecta, 73
- I don’t think we should view technology as a special case.
- Tech companies are enablers, and they’re subject to the same rules of economics and competition as any other area of the market.
- They drive change across a range of industries, but I would argue that they don’t really stand out as being different.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Global focused Equity funds:
- Bluerock Total Income+ Real Estate Fund, 99
- Fidelity Advisor Series Growth Opportunities Fund, 93
- Lindsell Train Global Equity, 91
- The internet has become so central that nowadays it’s no more than one of the tools in our daily lives.
- Indeed, so few companies earn revenue from the web itself that I find it surprising to still hear the internet described as a technology ‘sector’.
- The chief requirement for success is being open-minded.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Baillie Gifford funds:
- Baillie Gifford Global Credit, 96
- Monks Investment Trust, 81
- Baillie Gifford Sterling Aggregate Bond , 75
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 21st of August