Banks dropping ahead of Brexit, Multi Asset Factor Opportunities, and Powell offers insurance, Trump lights a flame
Here are the top 3 insights for August 5th
- Fidelity: Banks dropping ahead of Brexit
- NN Investment: Multi Asset Factor Opportunities: Looking beyond uncertainty
- BlueBay: Powell offers insurance, Trump lights a flame
- The update from RBS showed just how big an impact Brexit uncertainty continues to have on banking sector.
- Shares are down 6% at the time of writing, with the bank pointing to a backdrop of economic and political uncertainty, as well as the contraction of the yield curve.
- Lloyds boss Antonio Horta-Osorio said the “continuing uncertainty is having an impact and leading to some softening in business confidence as well as in international economic indicators.”
Genuine Scores for the top 3 UK Financials Stocks:
- TCS Group: 72
- Liontrust Asset Management: 72
- Plus500: 71
- Investors need to look beyond short-term economic uncertainty to target long-term returns
- Multi Asset Factor Opportunities is designed to create more stable portfolios
- MAFO adds a true diversifier to traditional asset classes as well as to other liquid alternatives
Genuine Scores for top 3 Mixed Assets Funds:
- TCW Strategic Income Fund: 98
- John Hancock II Multi-index Income Prsv Port: 95
- Vanguard LifeStrategy Income Fund” 95
- While the pre-emptive rate cut should provide some protection, whether monetary policy measures will be enough to offset downside risks remains an unanswered question for investors.
- The Fed also brought to an early end the run-off in its balance sheet — so-called ‘quantitative tightening’ — consistent with the shift to an easing bias.
- But the Fed is caught between a rock and hard place — uncertainties around global growth and trade are not going away any time soon, yet the US economy remains in relatively good health.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 US Funds:
- AAAMCO Ultrashort Financing Fund: 100
- Goldman Sachs Access Treasury 0–1 year ETF: 100
- iShares Ultra Short-Term Bond ETF: 100
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 5th of August