Data sharing mandates, the pace of innovation, and beyond the digital frontier
Here are the top 3 insights for May 1st, prepared by Alister, our CTO. We have a special selection of some top technology focused insights for you.
- Peterson Institute for International Economics: Opening Internet Monopolies to Competition with Data Sharing Mandates
- Franklin Templeton: The Pace of Innovation and Disruption Is Advancing — What Does This Mean for Investors?
- Deloitte: Beyond the digital frontier
- Over the past few years, it has become apparent that a small number of technology companies have assembled detailed datasets on the characteristics, preferences, and behavior of billions of individuals.
- This concentration of data is at the root of a worrying power imbalance between dominant internet firms and the rest of society, reflecting negatively on collective security, consumer rights, and competition.
- Introducing data sharing mandates, or requirements for market leaders to share user data with other firms and academia, would have a positive effect on competition.
- As data are a key input for artificial intelligence (AI), more widely available information would help spread the benefits of AI through the economy.
- On the other hand, data sharing could worsen existing risks to consumer privacy and collective security. Policymakers intending to implement a data sharing mandate should carefully evaluate this tradeoff.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Software stocks
- Micro Focus International, 66
- Oracle, 64
- Software, 63
- With so much new technology adopted into our everyday lives, what will stand the test of time, and what will simply be a passing phase?
- Franklin Equity Group Vice President Matt Moberg argues why active management is crucial to weeding out the life-shaping technologies from the hype.
- We believe there is no greater force for driving growth and creating value in the economy than innovation.
- Start-ups, multinational corporations and companies of every size in-between trumpet their “innovative” products and services.
- They create “centres of innovation” and boast of the myriad ways in which they empower employees to think creatively and bring new ideas to the table.
Genuine Scores for top 3 IT Services stocks
- DXC Technology, 69
- Perspecta, 67
- Western Union, 62
- The organizations that are waiting or treating things like experiments that they do every once in a while and then they wait a while and see what happens — my concern on their behalf is that if they’re not starting to embrace change and move more quickly, they’re likely to find themselves outclassed and outmaneuvered by those who have embraced our new digital reality and the new speed and rate of change.
- When you looked at it 10 years ago, it seemed like there was so much change happening.
- Any way that you’d look at the time, it seemed like it was overwhelming.
- Well, fast forward now and that same feeling holds, but you look back 10 years ago and say, wow, how quaint it was.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Communications Equipment stocks
- Cisco Systems, 68
- Netscout Systems, 66
- Juniper Networks, 64
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Alister and the Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 4th of April