Here are the top 3 insights for July 3rd, prepared by Alister, our CTO.
- Lombard Odier: Digitalisation, equality, India
- EY: Special Report on Consumer Spending
- MFS: Trade Truce Expected at G20
- The relationship between technology and equality is complex and multi-faceted.
- On one hand, the growing global economy, driven by developments in technology, has benefited the world’s wealthiest, making the few richer.
- On the other, technology has improved areas such as access to healthcare, financial services and education, which has benefited the many.
- The biggest technological impact can be felt in emerging market countries.
- For example, developments in online education and medical material can instantly provide less developed societies with a wealth of information, improving the overall quality of life.
- Although many advances have arisen from the tech-boom, a significant proportion of the global population is still excluded from basic goods and services.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Indian focused funds
- iShares India 50 ETF, 52
- HSBC GIF India Fixed Income, 48
- Fidelity Funds — India Focus, 46
- Consumer spending relatively unaffected by Brexit uncertainty, but slowing labour market and earnings growth could bite
- Growth in households’ real disposable income is expected to be slower in the next two years after 2018 spike and is likely to be significantly below the post-war average
- Workers at either end of the income distribution should fare best, with the squeezed middle continuing to feel the pinch
Genuine Scores for top 3 stocks
- Peugeot, 79
- SSAB, 78
- AXA, 76
- As of noon on Friday, global equities were slightly lower on the week, with markets awaiting news from the ongoing G20 summit in Japan.
- Yields on the US 10-year Treasury note dipped 6 basis points to 2.00%, compared with last Friday, while the price of a barrel of West Texas Intermediate crude oil added $2 to $59.40 amid tensions in the Persian Gulf.
- Volatility, as measured by the Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index (VIX), rose to 16 from 14.7.
Genuine Scores for the top 3 Equity funds
- Versus Capital Multi-Manager Real Estate, 99
- Fidelity Series Real Estate Income Fund, 94
- Calvert Equity Fund, 93
Want to get the the Genuine Impact app?
You can download the Genuine Impact app for iOS and Android devices on our website, https://www.genuineimpact.co.uk
All the best,
Alister and the Genuine Impact Team
p.s. all Genuine Scores are accurate as of the 1st of July